When potential students consider LearningFuze coding bootcamp, they often contact admissions with a range of questions about our curriculum, format, and our awesome teaching staff.
To help answer some common questions about life at a bootcamp, we sat down with Dan Paschal, Lead Instructor at LearningFuze. In the interview, Dan offer his advice on learning to code, how to choose a coding bootcamp, and how to get the most out of a program in such a short amount of time.
Dan came to LearningFuze with several years’ experience as a professional software engineer. A position as the Technical Director at GameDesk gave him the opportunity to mentor young adults in programming, which sparked his interested in teaching. Soon after, Dan came across a unique opportunity: to help build the curriculum for the new LearningFuze bootcamp.
As an instructor, Dan helps students learn to code by breaking big concepts into smaller pieces, using analogies to clarify concepts, and by first showing “why” before “how”.
Learn more about Dan’s approach to teaching and his advice for students here on Switchup:
- Why A Coding Technical Assessment Is Important When Choosing a Coding Bootcamp
- LearningFuze Part-Time Coding Program Launch!
- The 8 Biggest Fears of Coding Bootcamp Students
- LearningFuze students gain insight into life at Google from Director of Engineering Robert Gardner
- LearningFuze Alumni Spotlight with Howard Kim. What it takes to land your dream job